Senior Process Engineer – Warwick/Home Based (UK Wide)
Up to £50,000 dependent on experience with attractive benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The National Engineering department at Calor Gas are looking to recruit a Senior Process engineer to apply and extend specialist technical knowledge to deliver improvements in the business goals of safety, reliability, productivity, efficiency and sustainability through solving engineering problems, authorising critical engineering tasks and the analysis and optimisation of customer and operational plant processes.
Operations, Sales and Customer Engineering will be consulted regularly to identify improvement opportunities and translate them into projects which will range from development of new systems or equipment to be deployed in the market to design of complex customer installations to delivery of major capital projects at depots, filling plants and terminals.
Particular emphasis has to be paid to maintaining the integrity of the high hazard processes that Calor operates to maintain the safety of customers, employees and the public.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Develop and apply engineering expertise to manage change and improve business performance.
- Authorise specified engineering activities as Calor’s appointed Technical Authority/Duty Holder for specific Regulations or procedures;
- Employ a sound theoretical approach in enabling the introduction and exploitation of engineering technology to enhance business performance;
- Proactively drive technology innovation to enhance Calor’s (and PrimaLNG’s) industry and commercial profile to facilitate business growth;
- Extend specialist engineering knowledge in particular fields relevant to Calor’s business;
- Interpret and apply Regulations, Standards and Guidance and develop Calor Specifications and Departmental Bulletins;
- Coach and mentor team members and develop and lead technical training for Operations, Sales and Customer Engineering.
Apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to solve engineering problems.
- Engage with Operations, Sales and Customer Engineering to understand current challenges and enable appropriate engineering and technical support to be provided;
- Select and develop appropriate tools/software to analyse engineering problems and develop solutions;
- Identify and procure the necessary resources to address engineering tasks;
- Use a sound evidence based approach to problem solving;
- Design and develop engineering solutions, implement solutions and evaluate their success.
Provide technical and commercial leadership to process development.
- Analyse activities to identify process improvement opportunities;
- Agree scope and specification of each project with key stakeholders to ensure the proposed solution will satisfy the business case;
- Conduct design and design review activities to develop fully costed proposals for authorization;
- Analyse design proposals and existing installations to identify hazards and appropriate control measures to reduce process risk to ALARP standards;
- Ensure change is managed including changes to operation and maintenance and resulting staff development needs;
- Write standards and procedures to ensure consistently safe and efficient process execution;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the project process.
Demonstrate personal commitment to professional standards recognising obligations to the company, society and the environment
- Develop and implement appropriate hazard identification and risk management systems;
- Guide business functions to implement new equipment, standards and procedures to achieve national standardisation and best practice;
- Develop detailed technical specifications and procedures;
- Manage and apply safe systems of work;
- Develop, review and approve project work Method Statements and Risk Assessments;
- Undertake projects in a way that contributes to sustainable development;
- Carry out and record Continuous Professional Development.
As such we would like you to:
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.