Asset Manager – Canvey Island Terminal
Circa £55k with Attractive Benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The Engineering and Production team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Asset Manager. Acting as the Asset lead with technical experience, for the Canvey Terminal in the management of the facilities assets. Working with National Engineering and relevant stakeholders for all matters relating to asset management. The role is responsible for leading and delivering effective asset management at the terminal, including maintaining an accurate asset register, asset lifecycle planning, asset condition monitoring, investment planning, project management and maintenance delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify Canvey Terminal asset investment requirements based on asset lifecycle planning, risk management and develop robust business cases leading to the submission of capital investment proposals.
- Organise information, tasks & activities using appropriate project management tools and resources to develop sets of metrics (KPIs) for individual assets and monitor each asset against these principles.
- Lead investigations of asset failures, derive and report root cause and implement mitigating corrective action. Identify impact on asset policy & maintenance regimes and implement changes.
- Continually review and improve asset policy & procedures in line with changes in legislation
- and industry best practice; implement appropriate processes to ensure compliance with the relevant requirements and drive performance improvements.
- Manage & ensure access to appropriate technical advice & support.
- Accountable for the effective management of strategic spares and parts ensuring appropriate and timely delivery of maintenance whilst optimising cash flow. Effective management of long-lead strategic stock and obsolete items.
- Lead and source 3rd party providers to complete asset condition surveys. Any key recommendations are captured and acted upon within the lifecycle plan as appropriate.
- Ensure satisfactory discharge of HSEQ obligations, including compliance with relevant project and CDM policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the alignment of processes, resources and functional contributions and create a transparent audit trail.
- Develop and implement collaborative practices to gain a better understanding and usage of data, to enable the provision of consistent decisions making. This will enable improved planning (especially expenditure), consistent, prioritised, and auditable risk management, alignment, and coordination of existing initiatives, including competency development and greater engagement of the workforce, including leadership, communications.
- Keeping up with industry best practices and tools for asset management and project execution.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant technical records are suitably recorded and maintained.
As such we would like you to have:
- Proven record in the successful delivery of asset strategy, policy and procedures development and implementation.
- Chartered Engineer/Incorporated Engineer (or equivalent) with professional experience within an asset management environment
- Experience of introducing and applying ISO 55000 family of standards within high hazard organisations leading to proven performance benefits.
- Asset stewardship and asset management with thorough understanding of the impact of asset management decisions on operational activities and service performance
- Proven track record of implementing innovative ways of asset management.
- Extensive experience of problem-solving within a dynamic environment
- Thorough knowledge of asset management tools, risk management tools and their application within operational environments to drive process efficiency & effectiveness.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of ageing assets and their management.
- In-depth knowledge of HSSE regulations.
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills and excellent communicator able to recognise and resolve issues to give satisfactory solutions.
- Knowledge and experience leading teams in a COMAH or high hazard process-based environment ideally within the oil or gas industry.
- Solid understanding of financial management and control with experience of controlling budgets and expenditure
- IOSH/NEBOSH safety qualification (or equivalent)
- Experiences of using SAP
- Project management experience
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.