Junior Internal Auditor – Tachbrook Park- Warwick
Salary up to £32,000 dependant on experience + attractive benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The role will demand to carry out internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Company and assist with the development of the Internal Audit and Risk Management function. The individual will work within the existing Internal Audit team and will report directly to the Internal Audit Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated, carrying out and managing the performance of those internal audit reviews, including the planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes.
- Drafting audit reports including findings and recommendations, agreeing the implementation actions with management and performing follow up activities.
- Assisting with the development of the Internal Audit Plan, including identification of areas for potential future audit work and assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices
- Assisting with the development / implementation of the Risk Management Procedures at both a Group and business unit level.
- Ensuring compliance with Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance Standards.
As such we would like you to have:
- Part or full qualified chartered accountancy or IA qualification (ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA and/or CIA certification).
- 2+ years of internal/external audit experience
- Experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools
- High level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of accounting systems and business processes and controls.
- Ability to work either on their own or within a team as required, demonstrate initiative, and show a willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Danish, French or Italian
- Previous experience on GLP business
- MBA and/or Master Degree
- Experience on using TeamMate Audit tool
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, financial check, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and you must be medically fit to work.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.