Production Operative (Days) - Coryton
Circa £19,500 per annum depending on experience
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
We have invested significantly in our Coryton operation with the introduction of automated cylinder handling and filling to help us on our way to a safer and more efficient future! A fantastic opportunity has arisen to perform key production tasks within the filling plant to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
We are looking to recruit a number of Production Operatives to work days working Monday – Friday 7am until 4pm.
In this role, you will;
- Obtain UKAS Inspector Accreditation
- Ensure understanding of Calor Standards in Cylinder Filling and Segregation
- Segregate Cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Fill Cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Participate in weekly stock checks
- Demonstrate best practice to agency plant operators
- Ensure work area is kept tidy
- Report hazards and equipment defects promptly
- Complete all cylinder inspections to the required standard
- Scrap Cylinders in line with mandatory specifications
- Carryout faulty cylinder investigation and reporting
- Be available to cover production runs at short notice, with additional hours as required.
In order to be successful, you will have;
- Have demonstrable experience from working within production environments (ideally hazardous)
- Demonstrable written and numerical comprehension
- Ability to read and comprehend specific work instructions and legislation
- Ability to follow instructions and understand the importance of such
- Knowledge of automatic production equipment
- Stock taking experience
- Ability to record key data.
Company Benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistant programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discounts.
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5 year address history, 3 year employment history, criminal record check and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.