PMO Analyst – Home based with regular travel required to Tachbrook Park, Warwick.
Attractive Salary and Benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The PMO Function at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive PMO Analyst. The Role will be required to support the Enterprise PMO function in driving, implementing, and embedding a professional approach to the management of project lifecycles across the Calor business.
The primary focus is project governance, including but not limited to project definition and scope, tracking and reporting, assurance and quality control, the generation of management information, cost and benefit tracking, risk resolution, and post project evaluation. The secondary focus is to support Project and Functional Leaders in the delivery of change programmes across Calor.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Enterprise PMO function to further develop the best practice project management templates and tools, both within the project management software and outside.
- Provide guidance to Project Managers throughout the lifecycle of their project, from start-up to post-project evaluation, and transition of projects into BAU (Business As Usual) running, in line with the established change process.
- Engage and support Project Managers on large scale programmes to successfully implement best practice project techniques, tools and project management software.
- Ownership of the project management software as System Administrator and Subject Matter Expert, managing access and updating templates and reports as required.
- Responsibility for and management of reporting on all projects and programmes within the portfolio of change at Calor to allow the provision of timely management information to the Board. This will largely but not exclusively be by means of the project management software.
- Manage project updates for Calor GB and communicate with SHV Energy on agreed reporting.
- Responsibility for maintaining centralised governance and control over the change portfolio, ensuring the correct decision authority remains in place.
- Support the Enterprise PMO function in managing the change portfolio at Calor – including project planning and scheduling, mapping dependencies, forecasting resource capacity, managing risks and issues, and reporting on progress against targets and planned cost.
- Promote a safety culture by ensuring safety aspects of change management are embedded into the project culture
- Creating and leading a culture of continuous learning and knowledge management by conducting and sharing post project review and creating a database of lessons learned to capture organisational experience.
- Working with HR Business Partners to assess and mitigate the people impact of the change portfolio and support internal change audit processes.
As such we would like you to:
- Have the ability to demonstrate intellectual rigour: a degree is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrate previous experience in change and project management.
- Have strong numerical skills and experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Hold project management qualifications (e.g. Prince 2, P30 MSP, Lean Six Sigma) – are highly desirable, but not essential.
- Have strong computing skills, in particular have advanced Excel skills and the ability to become adept with new software.
- Be proficient in the use of project management software (e.g. Workfront, Microsoft Project) – highly desirable.
- Demonstrate in-depth internal customer awareness supporting others to identify and deliver opportunities to enhance business performance.
- Possess an open communication style which builds strong relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Have proven leadership experience which includes the ability to influence stakeholder across functions and at all levels of a business.
- Be a strategic business partner to the functional Project Managers, Programme Managers, and the Board.
- Demonstrate capability to find new ways to overcome business challenges
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, financial check, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and you must be medically fit to work.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation