Customer Service Advisor – Stoney Stanton
Up to £19,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Are you motivated by providing first class customer service? Do you enjoy working as part of a team and solving problems? Calor Gas is looking to recruit a Customer Service Advisor to work with our Customer Service department at Stoney Stanton.
As Customer Service Advisor, you will be responsible for providing genuine customer service through a number of channels, including answering telephone enquiries, and supporting credit control, as well as coordination and administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain a high standard of customer service at all times, regularly demonstrating initiative to retain customer loyalty and promote Calor products and services
- Be receptive to complaints or problems, research and resolve them
- Provide speedy and accurate information by telephone and in writing in line with procedures
- Advise and update customers on gas deliveries and schedules
- Operate all systems (computerised and administrative)
- Communicate effectively with all relevant site/company and external departments
- Be able to work and co-operate as part of a team, assisting and supporting colleagues and other departments and sharing best practice
- Assist in developing processes for constant improvement for the benefit of the customer and Calor’s business goals
- Retain a positive attitude towards learning, growth and change
- Take responsibility for own development
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude at all times
- Understands and complies with Calor’s HSE polices, and understands the importance of such
- Understands the debt process and negotiates with customers to apply effective credit control
- Accurately processes all credit card payments in line with company procedures
If you thrive in a place where problem-solving is a key part of every day and you have a background in customer service and credit control, this could be exactly the opportunity you've been looking for!
As such we would like you to:
- Ideally have experience from working in a similar role where providing a high standard of customer service was key, especially telephone based
- Ideally have credit control / sales ledger experience
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with different people in a variety of ways; face-to-face, telephone, written
- Have and be able to draw on strong customer service skills
- Have a sound understanding of credit control procedures and basic account balance details
- Demonstrate high competence in using Microsoft Office packages and the ability to quickly adapt to and learn new systems
- Possess a flexible approach and a willingness to contribute to changing situations
- Be well-organised with the ability to prioritise a varied workload
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.