Plant Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) – Canvey Island Terminal
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is looking to recruit a multi-skilled Plant Maintenance Technician to join the team in Canvey Island providing preventative maintenance, installations, modifications and machinery breakdowns, reporting directly to the Maintenance Lead.
A thorough working knowledge of mechanical systems is essential, along with a range of maintenance and fault-finding skills around conveyor systems, pneumatics/hydraulics, compressors and pumps.
Your expertise in these areas means that you'll already have a good understanding of Health & Safety regulations, risk assessments as well as working with and issuing permits to work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carryout routine maintenance / inspections as per schedules
- Identify additional requirements for preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose breakdowns / unplanned maintenance and repair equipment in order to avoid or minimise production downtime.
- Install / commission mechanical equipment in line with manufacturer and Calor specifications.
- Carry out controlled modifications to plant equipment within Calor specifications, striving constantly for better production performance and reliability.
As such we would like you to:
- Hold GCSE’s Grades C and above in Maths, Science and English
- Have experience from working within a production maintenance environment
- Possess a good knowledge of general industrial safety, COSHH or ISO 9002 requirements
- Have achieved a City & Guilds in an engineering discipline.
- Have general fabrication skills including, Arc, MIG and gas welding /cutting
- Be able to diagnose mechanical problems and repair as necessary
- Be comfortable working to your own initiative, as well as within a team
- Be happy to work under pressure with a flexible approach to working hours
- Have a good knowledge of gas, steam and pneumatic systems, along with knowledge of lathes, mills and drills, hydraulics and pipefitting
- Be able to read / interpret technical drawings
- Have good computer skills with the ability to understand / diagnose software / programming issues within automated filling systems.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.