National Engineering Manager– Tachbrook Park, Warwick
Attractive salary with Competitive bonus and benefits package
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive National Engineering Manager, to be responsible for robust engineering governance, asset integrity management, capital improvements project delivery, and ownership and delivery of policies/standards for all Calor operated facilities.
They are to manage, direct and control a team of highly qualified engineers and specialists to provide corporate strategic direction, in all matters engineering across all areas of Calor’s business.
They are to develop operational and customer engineering policies, procedures and audit programmes and subsequently monitor and measure performance and compliance against standards.
They are to provide technical and legislative advice and assistance to all areas of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of the National Engineering Team to further advance the safety, service and profit of the business and ensure that Company and Statutory requirements are met.
- Support the Production & Engineering Function and the wider business in reducing personal, process and operational risks to promote a safer and sustainable operation.
- Prepare annual capital expenditure budgets for Calor facilities and Engineering Team and monitor control of expenditure within budget. Prepare the annual operating budgets for the National Engineering Team and monitor control of expenditure is within budget.
- Manage the performance and development of the engineering team.
- Liaise with outside bodies (e.g. HSE, Local Authorities, Emergency Services, Community Groups) to promote co-operation and to demonstrate responsible care. Responsible for the tracking, collating and closing out HSE actions in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Co-ordinate with other business functions to ensure that plans and objectives for the engineering team are met and the workforce is utilised to it’s full potential.
- Set and communicate engineering strategy and performance across all levels.
- Manage and execute major and minor capital projects/programs to ensure future safe supply from Calor facilities. Support execution of the capital improvement program at Canvey.
- Operate and maintain procedures and work instructions to meet the requirements for the Company’s Quality System and ISO 9000 registration.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the COMAH Safety Cases and ensure compliance with appropriate legislation.
- Provide technical and legislative advice and assistance to all areas of the business.
- Represent Calor at the LPG industry on relevant technical committees and forums.
- Research, develop and implement new engineering initiatives and processes to improve the safety and efficiency of the business.
- Lead the function that has ownership for the Engineering standards, Modification Process, Inspection Body, Asset Integrity, Engineering Governance and other key Process Safety Processes. Ensure that sound engineering judgement is made that align with company objectives.
As such we would like you to:
- Have strong previous experience of managing engineering functions, governance, asset integrity, projects and and policies.
- Possess sound working knowledge of COMAH, Pressure Systems and other HSE regulations.
- Be able to demonstrate proven safety, people management and leadership skills.
- Process Safety and Asset Integrity
- Have experience in maintaining costs within a defined budget.
- Have experience in managing major projects.
- Be able to organize resources in line with operational needs and manage performance through KPIs
- Be qualified to degree level or equivalent engineering discipline
- Hold a NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification
- Possess working knowledge of relevant legislation, safety and quality procedures and site operating instructions.
- Have strong IT and presenting skills/experience
- Have experience of leading a multi discipline engineering team
- Have experience of communicating with the regulatory bodies.
- Specific experience in Heavy Industry, Refining, or Oil/LPG industries (minimum of 10 years).
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.