Terminal Manager (LPG Import and Storage facility) - Canvey Island
Attractive Salary and Benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The National Engineering team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Terminal Manager to manage the safe operation of the Canvey island terminal, and ensure maximum availability of LPG supply as required.
Canvey Terminal is the largest facility in the UK able to import and export refrigerated propane. Operations include the loading and unloading of ships, management of refrigerated storage and export by road tanker and pipeline
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of the Process & Occupational Safety of the site to further advance the positive safety culture and ensure that Company and Statutory requirements are met.
- Manage operations at the Terminal to ensure the assets are utilized as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Prepare annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for terminal operation and monitor control of expenditure within budget.
- Manage the performance and development of Terminal staff.
- Liaise with outside bodies (e.g. Port Authority, HSE, Local Authorities, Emergency Services, Community Groups) to promote co-operation and to demonstrate responsible care.
- Co-ordinate with other business functions to ensure that plans and objectives for the terminal are met and the asset is utilised to it’s full potential.
- Set and communicate terminal strategy and performance across all levels.
- Manage and execute major and minor capital projects/programs to ensure future safe supply from the facility. Support execution of the capital improvement program at the terminal.
- Ensure preventative and corrective maintenance activity is conducted in a robust and timely manner. Ensure integrity of all assets is in line with policy and procedure.
- Operate and maintain procedures and work instructions to meet the requirements for the Company’s Quality System and ISO 9000 registration.
As such we would like you to :
- Have strong previous experience of managing COMAH facilities and/or hazardous processes.
- Possess sound working knowledge of COMAH and other HSE regulations.
- Be able to demonstrate proven safety, people management and leadership skills.
- Have previous proven experience in Process Safety and Asset Integrity
- Have experience in maintaining costs within a defined budget.
- Have experience in managing major projects.
- Be able to organize resources in line with operational needs and manage performance through KPIs
- Be Qualified to degree level or equivalent engineering discipline
- Hold a NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification
- Have Strong IT and presenting skills/experience
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, financial check, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and you must be medically fit to work.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.