Plant Manager (Top Tier COMAH facility) - Plymouth
Job no: 498305
Work type: Permanent full-time
Plant Manager (Top Tier COMAH Facility) – Plymouth
Up to £45K (dependent on experience) with attractive Benefits package
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The Production and Engineering team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Plant manager to manage the safe and efficient operation of the Plymouth filling plant and gas storage, the main COC and surrounding break bulk facilities.
Purpose of the role is to manage the filling and maintenance of all LPG cylinders for the supply of our customer base covering the whole of the region (with delivery to CDCs and Strategic Partners). They are to ensure that costs maintained within budget by efficient deployment of workforce and that productivity targets are met.
Safety is paramount in the operation; therefore comprehensive leadership is required in the fields of personal and process safety. It is a key requirement that the Plant Manager will be able to understand and implement all relevant legislation and standards, liaise with internal and external specialists as well as work with the regulative authorities. They will also be responsible for the integrity and compliance of the filling plant, storage infrastructure and all associated equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of the Process & Occupational Safety of the site to further advance the positive safety culture and ensure that Company and Statutory requirements are met.
- Manage operations at the facilities to ensure the assets are utilized as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Prepare annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for terminal plant and monitor control of expenditure within budget.
- Manage the performance and development of Plant staff.
- Liaise with outside bodies (e.g. HSE, Local Authorities, Emergency Services, Community Groups) to promote co-operation and to demonstrate responsible care.
- Co-ordinate with other business functions to ensure that plans and objectives for the plant are met and the asset is utilised to it’s full potential.
- Set and communicate plant strategy and performance across all levels.
- Manage and execute major and minor capital projects/programs to ensure future safe supply from the facility. Support execution of the capital improvement program at the plant.
- Operate and maintain procedures and work instructions to meet the requirements for the Company’s Quality System and ISO 9000 registration.
- Ensure preventative and corrective maintenance activity are conducted in a robust and timely manner. Ensure integrity of all assets is in line with policy and procedure.
- Manage cylinder production at the facility to ensure target stock levels are maintained at the plant and at Calor/customer distribution centres.
As such we would like you to:
- Have strong previous experience of managing COMAH facilities and/or hazardous processes.
- Possess sound working knowledge of COMAH and other HSE regulations.
- Able to demonstrate proven safety, people management and leadership skills.
- Process Safety and Asset Integrity
- Experience in maintaining costs within a defined budget.
- Experience in managing major projects.
- Be able to organize resources in line with operational needs and manage performance through KPIs
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent engineering discipline
- Hold a NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification
- Possess working knowledge of relevant legislation, safety and quality procedures and site operating instructions.
- Strong IT and presenting skills/experience
- Have experience of leading a multi discipline maintenance team, operative a preventative and legislative compliance maintenance system.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend