Project Engineer (Mechanical) – Warwick or Stoney Stanton (UK Wide Travel)
Up to £45,000 per annum plus performance bonus (OT 10%, Max 20%), and a range of benefits including generous pension contributions, private medical insurance and 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays)
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The National Engineering department at Calor Gas are looking to recruit a forward thinking and innovative Project Engineer to join the team.
As a Project Engineer at Calor, you will establish yourself as a technical authority in activities critical to the business. You’ll be a champion of technical innovation and an influential figure on key projects, playing an important role in building our reputation as an energy provider of choice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide specialist technical & engineering support to Calor’s business with particular emphasis on it’s operational activities and Top Tier COMAH sites
- Manage capital projects at filling plants, bulk storage depots and import terminals
- Improve safety, productivity, reliability and efficiency in these areas
- Develop and implement standardised preventive maintenance regimes
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve operational performance
- Co-operate with operational management to ensure that robust and standardised maintenance regimes are implemented nationally.
The person we’re looking for will be inquisitive with a natural drive to get things done, whilst having the ability to communicate and shape a vision.
As such we would like you to:
- Be degree qualified within a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical or Gas Engineering)
- Have experience in engineering / LPG industry / manufacturing / process environment
- Demonstrate applied knowledge in project engineering and management
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of engineering principles & safety management systems
- Understand and be experienced in working within Industry and European/British Standards covering design, installation and use of pressurised equipment, vessels, piping
- Demonstrate ability in cost management budgeting & control
- Having knowledge of COMAH and Process Safety Management and being able to apply safety analysis techniques such as HAZOP would be a distinct advantage
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, financial check, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and you must be medically fit to work.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.