Terminal Technician – Canvey Island
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The team at Canvey Island, Calor Gas are looking to recruit a shift operator (Technician) to undertake all aspects of the operation of the terminal in a safe efficient manner. You need to have a structured and professional approach in your daily duties. You must also have the organisation skills to work in a small team and to maintain clear records and documentation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain records of site work activities to satisfy internal standards and legal requirements.
- Prepare reports and provide guidance / advice to site personnel
- Oversee contractors working on site
- Issuing authority for the site Permit to Work Systems
- Directing and controlling all aspects of security for the site out of normal office hours
- Taking charge of a incident and fulfil the role of Incident Controller
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures
- Participate in the monitoring of environmental matters
- Working within the philosophy of team working and achieve business objectives
As such we would like you to:
- A sound knowledge of LPG is required with the Knowledge of loading and discharging LPG carriers and road tankers
- Has to be fully conversant with Plant and Jetty Operations in all respects.
- Should be able to undertake maintenance, under supervision, on equipment.
- It is essential that the job holder is able to work alone, without supervision and is trustworthy and conscientious.
- Must know how to deal with Fire and Spillage situations and be trained in basic fire fighting
- Must be conversant with Emergency Procedures
- Should be educated to a reasonable standard and able to write converse effectively
- To be fully conversant with job would take a minimum of six months.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5-year address history, 3-year employment history, financial check, criminal record check, and driving licence verification and you must be medically fit to work.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.