Buyer - Tachbrook Park, Warwick
Job no: 498228
Work type: Permanent full-time
Buyer – Tachbrook Park, Warwick
Circa £30,000pa dependant on experience, plus performance bonus (OT 10%, Max 20%), pension scheme and 25 days annual leave plus 8 stat days.
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Are you a self-motivated individual who is driven by building and influencing relationships as well as managing projects? The Procurement Department at Calor Gas are looking to recruit a forward thinking and analytical Buyer to join the team in Warwick.
You will work with a variety of stakeholders to provide a comprehensive procurement service across a range of goods and services which meets the needs of and delivers best value to Calor.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide input to the strategy for all procurement across the company in order to;
- Drive down the total cost of ownership to the business through successful negotiation
- Supporting business divisions / sites in reducing budget spend and future costs
- Ensuring commercial risks in short and long term are mitigated via appropriate purchases
- Fostering excellent working relationships and partnerships
- Providing direction to stakeholders, champion the use of best practice across all teams
- Lead localised purchases in order to ensure cost benefits are realised
- Ensure that all major purchases are supported by the Procurement strategy
- Manage Calor contracts ensuring suppliers are effectively monitored and developed in order to provide high levels of service
- Develop and implement effective communication plans using appropriate innovative tools / techniques to ensure effective delivery and momentum maintained
- Develop and maintain appropriate KPI management information.
The right person for us will be looking for an opportunity to take ownership of their role, really drive improvements and be visible within the business.
As such we would like you to:
- Have experience of undertaking procurement activity for a varied spectrum of direct goods and services including tendering exercises
- Have had exposure to and use of best practice procurement methodologies
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of implementing and maintaining tracking methodologies for key KPI reports
- Have experience in strategic supplier continuous improvement methodologies
- Possess a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of contract and supplier management
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, with strong influencing and negotiating capability at all levels
- Have strong analytical and excellent organisational skills
- Have solid IT skills to include extensive working use of Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables and charts), PowerPoint, ERP, eProcurement systems
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend