National Maintenance Manager
Job no: 498163
Work type: Permanent full-time
National Maintenance Manager
Competitive Salary and benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
In order to continue to make the step change in plant maintenance practices, improving reliability and further improving safety and asset integrity, we are looking to fulfil the role of National Maintenance Manager permanently.
This role acts as the Technical Expert nationally to help enable site maintenance teams in delivering high quality maintenance performance through the implementation of best practice. A sound theoretical and practical knowledge of maintenance management is required and the ability to influence site management and maintenance teams to implement change is also key.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review, improve and integrate Safe Systems of Work for the execution of maintenance tasks
- Establish effective maintenance policies to improve asset reliability and integrity
- Develop metrics to monitor the execution and effectiveness of routines to allow periodic review and continuous improvement.
- Review and improve site maintenance structures and management processes
- Develop a bottom up budget for site maintenance based on routine requirements and forecast reactive maintenance;
- Agree and implement a set of metrics to demonstrate maintenance effectiveness
- Establish maintenance training requirements and develop competency management systems
- Develop procedures to manage contractors and materials
- Review purchasing and supply arrangements, recommend improvements and facilitate agreed changes with purchasing.
As such we would like you to:
- Be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of maintenance principles & safety management systems
- Hold a Degree/Masters in a relevant engineering discipline, Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
- Be able to draw on experience of managing maintenance on high hazard process plant, knowledge of process safety and COMAH Regulations
- Be a leader of reliability improvement techniques such as RCM, RCA etc
- Have experience in maintenance planning & scheduling, reporting of KPI’s, and maintenance management skills
- Be able to draw on experience of cost management, budgeting, control and reporting
- Possess expertise in relevant industry and European / British Standards
- Demonstrate where you have set high standards and how this would benefit this role
- Be able to make informed, calculated decisions having assessed and mitigated risks
- Be proactive in seeking out opportunities to give relevant support as well as use and share knowledge of best practice
- Demonstrate ability to use trends, patterns analysis and lessons learned to shape future activity as well as plan and prioritise workload in line with business priorities
- Be able to recognise and remove barriers and/or friction as well as develop and maintain cross functional networks
- Demonstrate the ability to Influence and engage others by adapting communication style; able to motivate, coach and mentor team members
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend