Information Security Officer - Tachbrook Park
Job no: 498133
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: West Midlands
Categories: IT, Legal
Information Security Officer – Tachbrook Park
Up to £65000 (Dependent on experience) with attractive benefits package.
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The IT department at Calor Gas have an exciting opportunity and are looking for an experienced IT professional to lead and co-ordinate the information security requirements and tasks within the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategy, design, implementation and operation of security frameworks, working alongside the global SHVe security team.
You will ultimately drive continuous improvement and maturity within the business so that strategic goals for information security are achieved. As a result of this you will have exposure across a wide variety of business functions, including collaborating with our parent company ‘SHV Energy’ on initiatives and projects, which will lead to excellent career development opportunities for the right person.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting the strategy and roadmap for security, which is in-line with the wider SHVe program
- Implement, monitor and improve the company’s specific security program
- Provide strategic security insights and communicate information security pain points
- Management of the security requirements on all IT projects and programmes
- Participate and contribute to the companywide SHVe information security community as led by the GISO
- Manage and ensure effective information security operations within the company
- Monitor and report on security performance to the management team
- Manage third party service providers to agreed/contracted performance levels
- Manage the security elements of internal and external IT audits
- Establish an effective BU specific Information Security Awareness Program aligned to the SHVe program
Manage and communicate security alerts and incidents
As such we would like you to:
- Have proven ability to think strategically and to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of sourcing, selecting, contracting and managing 3rd party suppliers of security services
- Proven track record of experience as an Information Security Officer or similar role
- Experience of implementing security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, PCI/DSS etc
- Proven knowledge of and experience with information security and a wide knowledge of information security technologies
- Leadership skills – effectively lead through ambiguity and manage change within the business
Previous experience of securing cloud hosting and ‘software as a service’ solutions
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend