Asset Integrity Engineer
Job no: 498010
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: Warwick, International
Asset Integrity Engineer- Warwick
Competitive Salary and benefits.
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The National Engineering team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Asset Integrity Engineer to select test and inspection methods, evaluate inspection reports, conduct fitness for service evaluations and specify remedial work in order to maintain the integrity of Calors assets in order to assure safety and reliability of service to our customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
Selecting and evaluating test and inspection methods to identify developing defects before failure occurs
· Conduct and document Failure Mode & Effect Analysis to identify potential failure modes.
· Conduct and facilitate broader Risk Based Inspection studies for more complex cases
· Specify test and inspection methods suitable to detect identified failure modes
· Incorporate these into written schemes of examination
Evaluating inspection reports to verify compliance and determine remedial work required.
- Collate reports from inspections.
- Check for completeness and conformance to the scheme of examination.
- Ensure defects are clearly summarised from the report
- Specify and prioritise remedial work required to rectify the defect
- Assign remedial work with a timescale to an owner in the appropriate follow up system
- Ensure traceability from inspection to defect to resolution.
Conducting engineering assessments of equipment condition to determine fitness for service.
· In association with the Asset Integrity Manager identify defects that are potentially tolerable and conduct fitness for service assessments to demonstrate ongoing integrity
· This may be straightforward wall thickness calculations or more comprehensive API579 fitness for service assessment.
· Specify additional inspection or control required to monitor the progression of tolerable defects
Evaluating the performance of Inspection and NDT contractors
· Draw up suitable competence criteria for inspection and NDT services required
· Evaluate the competence of third parties against these criteria
· Develop test pieces as appropriate for specific obscure failure modes
· Monitor the performance of contractors whilst undertaking inspection
· Produce assessment reports and feedback to suppliers to engender continuous improvement
Demonstrating personal commitment to professional standards recognising obligations to the company, society and the environment
· Apply appropriate hazard identification and risk management systems;
- Develop detailed technical specifications and procedures;
· Apply and improve safe systems of work;
- Develop, review and approve task Method Statements and Risk Assessments;
· Undertake projects in a way that contributes to sustainable development;
· Carry out and record Continuous Professional Development
As such we would like you to:
- Hold a HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, working towards Chartered Engineer status;
- Be able to demonstrate Knowledge of engineering principles & integrity management systems;
- Show Expertise in a relevant field of inspection or testing such as pressure vessel examination, NDT etc;
- Demonstrate Experience on high hazard process plant, knowledge of process safety and COMAH Regulations;
- Demonstrate Experience of integrity analysis techniques such as fitness for service assessment, RCA etc;
- Set high standards for self and others
- Plan and prioritise workload in line with business priorities
- Use and share knowledge of best practise
- Test and challenge processes, resources, people to get the most out of them
- Proactively seek out opportunities to give relevant support to others
Develop and maintain cross functional networks
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend